Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Finding da "thing"



A few months ago I was invited to speak to a group of women attorneys at the Museum of Contemporary Art. I was nervous. Intimidated. What could I possibly say to these powerhouses?

I spoke of what I know. About creativity, and how making art makes me feel. I spoke about the fact that we all have a right side of the brain. We just need to exercise it. Find that "thing" that makes your heart skip a beat, that "thing" that gives you a flutter in the center of your stomach. We all have it. We are all artistic in some way or another. Do you cook? knit? dance? play music?  Search. It's there.

They walked away with an "a-ha", realizing that they too are creative in their own way.
Now, if someone could help figure out how to wake up the left side of my brain, I'd be set.

No comments:

Post a Comment